- A Prescription for Higher Learning
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, healthcare was one of the largest industries in 2008 as “it provided 14.3 million jobs for wage and salary workers. About 40 percent were in hospitals; another 21 percent were in nursing and residential care facilities; and 16 percent were in offices of physicians.”
Today, the field of medicine or healthcare has grown immensely and continues to do so at a rapid rate. According to the BLS, the healthcare industry will produce 3.2 millions jobs between 2008 and 2018, which is more than any other existing industry. In fact, some of the most popular and fastest-growing occupations are in the medical field such as nurses, home health care workers, physicians, medical assistants, etc.
If you enjoy taking care of people, are interested in the sciences and curing diseases, and are a hard worker with good study habits and a quest for knowledge, then maybe pursing an online medical degree may be the right option for you. Below you will find several articles that explain some of the programs out there accessible to you including school options, costs and fees, and even some specific courses you will need to complete. Achieving your goal of becoming a medical professional can be easy, as long as you put your mind to it.
Here are a few articles outlining an overview of this popular job field:
- College Programs in the Medical Field Guide to College Programs in Healthcare
Quality Patient Care: Nursing
Nursing is one of the most popular and growing fields in healthcare and offers a variety of job opportunities. Whether it is becoming a registered nurse, a school nurse, a forensic nurse or even switching your major from EMT to nursing in general, there are several programs to meet your needs. There are degrees at various levels including associates, bachelor’s and doctoral programs in addition to graduate certificates.
Here are a few programs that can lead to obtaining a degree in nursing. Some of the courses required may include anatomy, chemistry, psychology, nutrition and nursing theory, in addition to clinical training in hospitals.
- Effect of Distance Learning in Nursing Education: A Student’s Guide Guide to Locally and Regionally Accredited Online Nursing Schools Going from an EMT to a Nurse via ASN Degree Online Web Based Nursing School Offers Online Associate Degrees How to Get an Online RN Degree A Student’s Guide to Distance Nursing Doctoral Programs Earn a Certification in Forensic Nursing Online School Nurse Graduate Certificate Post Master’s Online Nursing Certificates Renew Your Credential with a Critical Care Nursing CEU Online
Medical Imagery: Radiology and Sonography
Another popular career path is to study radiology or sonography and become either a radiology technician or sonographer for a doctor, hospital, clinic, etc. Thanks to technology, medical imagery has come a long way from where it used to be as picture quality is improving, therefore helping to more accurately diagnose and read test results. Here are some articles with information on online associate’s and bachelor’s degrees in these areas.
- Discover Online Degrees and Programs in Radiology Online Associate Degrees in Radiology Technology Online Bachelor Degree in Radiology Science Online Sonography Schools Offering a Bachelors Degree
The Unsung Heroes: EMT, Paramedic, Additional Rescue Services
Being a paramedic is no easy task. The stress of being on the scene of a medical emergency can take a toll physically, mentally and emotionally, but saving lives is what some are destined to do. If you feel you fit the bill, a career as an EMT may be a viable option. Our emergency personnel are often unsung heroes in the community as their quick-witted and trained medical minds rush to prevent what could be a fatal arrival at the ER. Here are some articles on how to obtain an online paramedic degree, and how to complete wound care training and PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certification online.
- How to Earn a Paramedic Degree Online EMTs Aiming for Professional Healthcare Careers: Information on Related Online Degrees Pros and Cons of Earning a PALS Certification Online Online Wound Education Care
Diseases and Their Drugs: Pharmacology, Epidemiology, Pathology
Are you interested in diseases, epidemics or pathology? Perhaps you are more interested in the drugs that cure them? If this sounds up your alley, then you may want to pursue an online pharmacology, pathology or epidemiology degree. People in these occupations are known as medical scientists as they are responsible for experimenting, measuring medications, and for diagnosing and researching new and uncommon diseases. These are some of the more higher paying occupations with mean salaries in the mid 60s up to 100K. Below you will find more information on online pharmacy schools, neuropharmacology (study of drug reactions on the brain and nervous system) graduate programs, and even a pathology assistant program.
- Are Distance Education Pharmacy Schools a Good Choice? A Student’s Guide to Online Neuropharmacology Graduate Degree Programs Pursue a Master of Science in Pharmacy Online All About Walden Universitys Online Doctorate in Epidemiology Getting Your Pathology Assistant Degree Via Distance Education
What’s Going on in There? Audiology, Respiratory, Cardiology
There are several specialties in medicine that deal with the inner functions of the body and its organs such as the lungs, heart, stomach, ears, nose, etc. For example, if you think you have excess wax in your ears or may be battling an ear infection, you would visit an audiologist. If you are struggling with a respiratory infection, or suffer from asthma or emphysema, you may see a respiratory therapist. If you have had a history of heart attacks, or are having chronic chest pain or problems with high blood pressure, then an EKG technician may need to test you. Each of these online degree programs are outlined below including school suggestions, salary and job opportunities, etc.
- Earn an Audiology Doctoral Degree Online Online Respiratory Therapy Degree Programs Guide to an Online EKG Certification
Our Health, Fitness and Nutrition Experts: Dieticians, Physical Therapists, Exercise Physiologists
The field of healthcare also includes nutritionists, exercise physiologists and physical therapists. These people are all experts in good health and wellness and each provide services to help patients either maintain, sustain or regain their health and strength. There are various levels of online degrees available including associate’s, bachelor’s and even doctorate programs. School options, costs and career explanations are offered below.
- Where Can I Earn an Associate Degree in Nutrition Online? Master’s Degree in Nutrition Online: Accredited by the ADA/CADE Find a Doctorate in Nutrition Online with These Tips Guide to Earning an Online Sports Medicine Degree Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy Online Online Studies to Become an Exercise Physiologist
The List Goes On: Other Medical Professions
The field of medicine offers endless possibilities for employment. Other options include medical billing and coding, physician assistant programs, mental health counseling, health care administration and ethics, and pre-med and medical terminology courses. All of these specialities are available online to study as found in the articles below. Read on to get you started on the path to medical mastery.
- Expand Your Knowledge Of Online Medical Coding Programs Guide to Earning a Medical Billing Certification Online Pre-Medical Studies Through Distance Education Online Physician Assistant Programs The Modern World of Medicine A Post Master’s Online Counseling Program Towards Certification in Mental Health Online Degrees in Health Care Ethics: A Student’s Guide Online Health Care Administration-Related AAS Brings Lucrative Career Options Study Medical Terminology Online
The Results are In!
This compilation of online medical degrees is proof that the medical world is expanding and growing at an exponential rate with an infinite amount of job potential. With the aiding advancement of science and technology, the healthcare system is moving forward and growing leaps and bounds to help people sustain their health and improve their lives. Do you have what it takes to be a successful medical professional? If you have any questions or comments for us, please feel free to share.